Big Ben has chimed, the fireworks have lit up the skies and 2019 is here!
For some, 2019 couldn't come quick enough. Brexit, Trump, hate crime (which is arguably attributed to the Brexit and Trump craziness), finances, wild fires; 2018 has pushed a lot of us to our limits and it's hard to go to into 2019 thinking things could improve. But 2018 actually gave us more than most media cared to focus on because maybe it wasn't sensational enough. But good things did happen, and will continue to happen.
Here's a list of 30 brilliant and hilarious things that happened in 2018:
1. India declared that gay sex was not a crime and it was legalised.
2. Prince Harry married Meghan Markle in front of a TV audience of 18 million in the UK alone.
3. Niger reported it has planted 200 million trees in the last 30 years which marks the biggest transformation in their environment.
4. Underage drinking has reduced over Europe (which had the largest underage drinking numbers) with Great Britain being the country with the biggest decline.
16. Mary Poppins came back to us after 54 years and we rejoiced in seeing Dick Van Dyke dance and sing again!
17. Stormzy funded two black students through Cambridge University and has pledged to the same in 2019.
18. Big hearted Brits donated an abundance of toys to 10 year old George Fawkes (no relation to Guy), when he lost his favourite kangaroo toy that regularly accompanied him to his hospital visits for a rare form of dwarfism.
19. When one bigot tweeted Mhairi Black MP that every time he saw her he thought 'lesbian', she brilliantly tweeted back "I'm willing to wager that when straight women see you they think nothing at all". Mic drop anyone?
20. Two nuns from California embezzled half a million dollars and went on a gambling and spending spree in Las Vegas! Whoopi Goldberg would be proud.